Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Front uprights/hubs for discs R4

hoylz

Enthusiast
Hi all, am looking for some front hubs that carry discs for R4 for a conversion. Based in lancs for postage etc, can anyone help me out??
Cheers regards
James

Brilliant! Have you bought from them before ? May have to send them an email in my best french(online translate)

I haven't bought anything from them yet, but I know people who have. They have a lot of parts that are hard to get in this country, and can probably find parts that aren't on their website at the moment. Good luck!

You'll need to check out your current handbrake arrangements. Drum-braked R4s have the handbrake operating within the front hubs, those with disc brakes have an entirely different central floor-mounted handbrake operating the rear hubs. More complications and expense!

You'll need to check out your current handbrake arrangements. Drum-braked R4s have the handbrake operating within the front hubs, those with disc brakes have an entirely different central floor-mounted handbrake operating the rear hubs. More complications and expense!
Some disc braked R4's still have the front bulkhead umbrella handle handbrake, mine does, but it does operate on the rear drum brakes so no need go to floor mounted handbrake. However if your handbrake is on the front wheels I think you will late rear brakes as well.

Pretty sure I have got some front hubs and disc setup up in my clutter pile if you need to change to rear handbrake it becomes far more complicated

Back