Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Full-length factory sunroof - contacts?

Andy McGhee

Enthusiast
Hi All
Hope those of you at Thenay are having a great time. A favour - if anyone comes across a NOS full-length factory sunroof (yes, a long shot....), or hears of a company remanufacturing them, could they pass on the details? Any leads (from France/Spain/Portugal/Greece/Holland, etc.) would be most welcome!
Many thanks
Andy

It would be really great if someone posted some close-up pics of the factory sunroof reinforcing channel structure and its attachments as well as the cover and arms, knobs etc. It might tempt me to have a go at making one. I would rather do that than put in a twingo one, nice as they are.

Piet -these may help. If you'd like more, pm me your email address.
View attachment 24785View attachment 24786View attachment 24787View attachment 24788
Hi Andy,
I too am considering making my own. There are apparently only one or two surviving imports in Australia, none anywhere near me. The Spares Catalogue has reasonably good drawings of all the parts, but it would be good to a a dimensioned drawing from an original roof.
Good luck with your hunt - let me know how you go.
Ron

Hi Andy, sorry for my inattention- fantastic pics and I will ask for more when I get my head around it. Probably most importantly closeups of the structure of the bead where the roof is turned up and the reinforcing section spot welded in. Cheers!

Back