Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Geabox Memory issue Renault clio 2014

Palechorites

Hello everyone.
I had a problem with my Renault clio 2014, and im looking for some answers please.
I was idle on traffic lights with the car running in gear D and ehen the light went green there was no response from the car to move on and the warning light CHECK GEARBOX came out. This was about for a minute. Then the car was ok. I checked it with diagnostic system to a dealer and they told me there is a Geabox Memory issue and is not permanent but they offered me to change gearbox but its way too expensive. I didnt do anything yet and the car is running very well 15 days after the problem. Please Anyone had experience with that problem for help.
Thank you

When was the automatic transmission fluid last changed? If it's not been recently changed I should do so, which will help the smoothness of the gear changing and may well deal with the problem. Did your garage tell you the diagnostic code and have you checked what it means?

Its failure may have been caused by lack of A.T.F. changing in the past. I hope you sort it!

I asked the dealer service point and they told me that the ATF cannot be changed. The only way to change it is to have a gearbox change.

Back