Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gearboxes

french connection

Enthusiast
If you live in the South of France or know someone who does then you might want to look on the website Leboncoin.fr. I spotted someone advertising R4 gearboxes for 60 euros and R5 TS / GTL for 60 euros and R5 five speed for 75 euros. The picture on the advert shows racking with gboxes but it is not clear if they are reconditioned or secondhand ( I suspect the latter at these prices ). Search words on Leboncoin are Boites or Vitesses. These are in the Tarn et Garonne area of the Midi Pyrenees ( about 1.5 hours from Toulouse. As an aside,there is a large scrapyard at a place named Gimont not far from where we have our place in this area of France ( The Gers) and they charged me 16 euros for a secondhand speedo cable which is the only thing we have had to do to our 1990 R4 since we bought it almost 2 years ago but I suppose it helps that we have only done two thousand kilometers in that time !. The guy at the srcapyard even showed me how to get the old speedo off ! Gave it a service the other day ready for its next Control Technique ( MOT ) in December. I have also bought a LHD 1959 Austin A40 Farina MK1 in France ( off ebay.fr ) which had a seized engine ( not used for 40 years ) but doses of diesel then coca cola down the bores eventually sorted it out and its now running great

Back