Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Getting ready for Thenay

IMG_9114.JPG Well after a thorough service and curing the overheating, I began inserting sound deadening foam behind many of the panels. This morning I added foil backed sound deadening under the bonnet, a mucky business (imagine sticky tar on bacofoil). I took her for a drive to Tescos straight afterwards. Can I tell any difference? No not a lot. I will try the front bulkhead next and put old carpet on the floor. I already take out my hearing aids. I have on order a special adaptor for the cigarette lighter socket with sockets for the GPS and small electric fan and to recharge the phones.

Last edited:
Service and MOT completed. Been running around in the van rather than the Dacia over the last few days and all seems well. Next job is to give it a good clean, pack all the spare bits that hopefully won't be needed and then we are ready for next Thursday!

See you all there :)

Made my camping-bed.
And got the door liners that match the posh leather chairs in front.
Unfortunately I haven't time to swap the dashboard.

Thursday we'll be leaving with 6 other cars

• IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2421.JPG
    IMG_2421.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 0
Right Paul,
Us Dutchman don't like soft bedding. So plywood is the next best thing I could come up with.
Concrete is to heavy to transport in a Renault 4

We are too soft and elderly to survive such hardship (did you see what I did then?) and will slumber in a comfy bed in our hotel.

Hi Paul, we'll discus these things enjoying a beer at the campground in Thenay. Any particular brand you prefer? I Have both Belgium and Russian beer with me.
That will soften up the bedding quit a lot I think.;)

See you there.

Real ale, craft beer and Trappist beer Russian beer? Now that would be a new one on me. I will look out for the green van

Back