Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gordini Engined R4GTL

Steve Kerr

Enthusiast
I bought this vehicle in 2016, the previous owner had put £6k into her, not including the base car, which has never had any welding done, so although she looked a bit forlorn she was very sound underneath.

'Renospeed' rebuilt the engine, gearbox, suspension putting van shocks and anti-roll bars and a disc front end on her. They also fabricated the complete 2.5" straight through exhaust, which sounds great and fitted electronic ignition and a twin choke carb. She's probably got 95-100bhp now and sounds nice and raspy.

When I bought her I put the refurbished Gordini alloys including the spare on with new Michelin tyres all round. I had the shell repainted inside and out in Audi RS Nardo Grey and put orange vinyl stripes and chequered roof on. Due to lockdown spare time I've just undersealed her completely including all arches. No rot underneath at all. New bumpers and all the external plastics wrapped in carbon film. New front indicators and over-riders. New windscreen and trim.

Inside I had R5 Turbo 2 front seats and standard rear seat recovered, made a carpet set and had new matching headlining, doorcards and sunvisors. I managed to get a Gordini steering wheel and mount from France (they're very hard to get hold of). I also got hold of a centre console (also very rare) which now has a stereo and door speakers with a new roof aerial. This is one simple area which still needs some time spent on it to get decent reception.

Mechanically I've fitted a new radiator, new electric fan, had the head skimmed, new belts. New front wishbone bushes, as these were an advisory on the last MoT. All this work has amounted to a further £5300. I've taken her over to Spa, without any problems and she also did a trip to Bicester Heritage in Jan, which was a 200ml round trip after the head had been skimmed.

You wouldn't believe the smiles and attention she gets when I go out in her.
I don't think there's anything else out there, with a similar level of detail so I'm looking for offers around £10k which is far less than whats been put into her.

• Car2.jpg
    Car2.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Car1.jpg
    Car1.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 31
  • Car2.jpg
    Car2.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Car3.jpg
    Car3.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 35
  • Car4.jpg
    Car4.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Car5.jpg
    Car5.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Car6.JPG
    Car6.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 36
Excellent looking vehicle. Certainly worth thinking about.

Back