Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

GTL wiper arms and blades

Ewhorn

Enthusiast
Hi All

My 89 Portuguese-built GTL has the usual (and pretty feeble) wiper arms and after-market blades. Someone has made the arms fit the blades by wrapping the arms in insulating tape and ramming them I to the blade, which is not ideal. I'd like to renew both arms and blades but can find no-one who can supply suitable arms, and I have no confidence that the various blades on offer will fit the current arms even with an adaptor.

The arms are 5mm wide.

Hoping to be able to fit arms that would allow me to use more widely-available blades, I looked at VW Beetle (70-73) wiper arms, but the spindle diameter is too large on these, so no go.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Ewan Horne

Hi Ewan, give Holden Vintage and Classic a try, I bought some good quality stainless blades from them that fitted the original arms on my GTL, and they have a selection of arms too, so I think they may well have a suitable one to fit your car.
Regards Brian.

Hi Ewan, give Holden Vintage and Classic a try, I bought some good quality stainless blades from them that fitted the original arms on my GTL, and they have a selection of arms too, so I think they may well have a suitable one to fit your car.
Regards Brian.
Thanks Brian - I hadn't thought of them, so I'll give them a try.

Back