Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Headlamp Flasher

Ewhorn

Enthusiast
Hi all.
This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a way of flashing the headlights on a GTL, other than switching them on and off again? If so, I've never found it.

Ewan

Thanks Andy, I thought it might be something like that, but It's not working on my car in either configuration. What could be wrong?

Never worked on my 1980 GTL either, I thought it was just supposed to be like that:doh:

Never worked on my 1980 GTL either, I thought it was just supposed to be like that:doh:
I think it only works on the later type dashboards
Sorry - should have said on 83 and later models with this type of switch:20210402_110545.jpg
Mojobaby - You're really lucky to have such an early GTL. I much prefer the early dashboard!
Thanks Andy, I thought it might be something like that, but It's not working on my car in either configuration. What could be wrong?
It'd be worth taking the switch out and checking all the connections. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your posts. Mine is a 1989 car so, reading the posts, this should work. I'll have a good look at the switch (after it's gone through the MoT on Tuesday). There's a problem with the indicators not cancelling reliable so I can tackle that too.

Had a problem with the self-cancelling indicators on mine, problem was actually due to one of the two pegs on the back of the steering wheel itself loosing its rigidity, bit of a creative strengthening fix and it has cured problem.

Back