Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

heating on the blink

victoriahoskyns

Enthusiast
Hello All,

My lovely Reg who has been FANTASTIC in this weather so far - not a slip or a slide, decided last night that he couldn't manage to get me home and supply heating.

Basically, the radio and the heating went off at the same time having cut out for about a second together, they then came back but four or so minutes later cut out completely.

I'm desperately hoping this is something simple to do with wiring as I need to get him fixed before Christmas as he's going to be doing some travelling.

Any tips - i'm an idiot when it comes to cars, but i wonder if it could be something simple?

Thanks

It's possible the fuse is a little dirty. If it is the fuse then the brake lights will stop working when the heater stops.

The fusebox is under the dash to the right of the steering wheel and has a shiny plastic cover. Pop the cover off and the heater fuse is number 4 counting from the right. The contacts can get dirty - try removing it and wiping the corrosion off.

thanks, malcolm, of course I was in the car alone, so not sure about brake lights. due to the shocking traffic in london last night, i had to park the car a ways away from my house so i shall take one of my sons and check it out tonight.

i will give it a go.

hi malcolm,
you were quite right, blown fuse - although i had to take it to a garage to change it. but thanks very much.

yrs,
victoria

Back