Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from Scotland

Gbn69

Enthusiast
Ho guys, trying to organise getting my grubby paws on a 4 van i stumbled across ten minutes from my front door!! Will doubtless pick your collective brains over the months and years if I end up with it!..now I have discovered the place, I will stick around for the craic regardless!! All the best everyone! Gbn

I'm waiting to see if the owner can find the papers as its Irish registered, which may prove a slight issue

I'm waiting to see if the owner can find the papers as its Irish registered, which may prove a slight issue

You can get replacement papers (a brown logbook) if they are lost from the Shannon office of the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport

Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division,
Shannon Town Centre,
Shannon,
Co. Clare. V14P298 -
Telephone + 353 61 365005.

motortax@dttas.gov.ie

You can get replacement papers (a brown logbook) if they are lost from the Shannon office of the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport

Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division,
Shannon Town Centre,
Shannon,
Co. Clare. V14P298 -
Telephone + 353 61 365005.

motortax@dttas.gov.ie
Thanks for that, I will give them a buzz tomorrow. Presumably its just a case of a UK mot and a re registration fee thereafter?

Thanks for that, I will give them a buzz tomorrow. Presumably its just a case of a UK mot and a re registration fee thereafter?
Plot thickens. I ran the plate through a website for Eire cars and it comes up as belonging on a Renault Laguna!!

Its an ex garda van, the out of date tax disc that is on it also shows same reg number, and one of the car info sites lists it as an R4 Renault Laguna....my head is pickled...

you could speak to brian whiteside of the renault classic car club. He has experience of how to resolve all sorts of issues, including one intractable one for me. He would be the first person I would speak to, before you do anything. Once you start you set up a line of enquiry. So one of the things is that it depends on where you start. Brian is good at the strategy of solving these complicated problems.

you could speak to brian whiteside of the renault classic car club. He has experience of how to resolve all sorts of issues, including one intractable one for me. He would be the first person I would speak to, before you do anything. Once you start you set up a line of enquiry. So one of the things is that it depends on where you start. Brian is good at the strategy of solving these complicated problems.
Many thanks, will give him a try

Where are you in Scotland? I'm (currently imprisoned) in West
Lothian.

Am in Dundee. Will hopefully see my mechanic pal tomorrow to see how bad the wee Renault is. It sits foursquare and looks solid enough but he was gonna put his head under it for me this week!

Renault pronounced fairly solid, or in my mechanics words, worth having. Just need to sort out the registration issue and sort out a price if its to become my problem.

Back