Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello! owner of two R4s.

ed

Great site dedicated to the cars we love. Have a blue B reg GTL which is sort of owned by Peter my 16yr old son. We are currently trying to make it into a 'GTI' or 'Gordini' as it has the gordini alloys. Have added spots, chrome bumper and 'handles' at the front; currently looking for chrome rear bumper, anybody? Have black leather-clad the door inserts and added the obligatory 4 speaker pioneer sound system! Next need bucket seats, sports steering wheel (where on earth do I get a boss for that?), etc etc.
Also have mot failed C reg GTL for engine transplant and take bits. Would like one day to put in a 5ts engine.... :)

Hi ed and welcome to the forum.

You've got to watch Peter in that thing. The Renault 4 in standard form is a seriouis babe puller so I shudder to think what the tuned Renault 4 would be capable of. :shock:

Bosses for sports steering wheels definately were available. Florence the Renault 4 has a very cool sports steering wheel with a Renault badge in the boss. It was very much aftermarket and I think it must have been aimed at Renault 5 tuners.

:clementi:

I used to have an Astrali three-spoke steering wheel on my GTL (black leather rim, drilled alloy spokes - very Paddy Hopkirk!). I got the boss from Halfords, although that was about 14 years ago.... It replaced a four-spoke Renault 14 wheel (which itself had replaced the nasty thin-rimmed original), and although the Astrali one looked a lot cooler the R14 one was actually a lot nicer to drive with.

Back