Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello

Alpineman

Enthusiast
Hi

Just registered. Unfortunately Iam without a Renault 4 at present but I do own two Renault Alpine GTAs. A normally aspirated and a turbo. His and hers haha. (She doesn't get that joke!) So not entirely Renaultless! I bid on the grey GTL on ebay recently but it sold off auction to someone local I think. I suspect it may have needed more work around the rear suspension mounts than I would really like to get into though. No disrespect to the seller there.

Have owned 3 Renault 4s in the past. An old 750 3 speeder, a GTL on which the rear suspension mounts kept falling off! and an F6 van all of which I had tremendous fun owning and driving especially the van.

Malcom, I fitted a full cloth sun roof to the GTL myself, dead easy. I think I found it in a scrapper. Don't remember it leaking (only whilst I ran around in it with just the hole in the roof !) and neither do I remember it being particularly noisy. It had a lovely green tinted, curved perspex flap that you tilted up to deflect the wind when the roof was opened. Brilliant.

I love the look of the orange "4 tour de course" hill climber pictured on the irish R4 site. My favourite would be something like that with a 1400cc with 5 speeder in it (Gordini preferably) brakes and wheels too and maybe Alpine style quilted bucket seats in the front. I could say stripped out but theres not much to strip out is there?! Sorry if thats sacrelidge to some!

If anyone fancies a GTA for something like that let me know! One at least has got to go.

Cheers

Lee

I found the photo of the orange car in Richard's gallery: http://www.geocities.com/richardirl/81.htm It's pretty cool. He must have some fancy suspension on there to go around the corner so quickly without the door handles rubbing on the ground.

It's funny - my only completely standard non-modified car is my R4. It's not deliberate - I was just feeling unimaginative when I put it together. My others (both MGs) run non standard engines and transmissions. It's worth it just to upset the purists in the MG owner's club.

Feel free to advertise the GTA in the for sale section - that'll up the tone of the section. Make the title "Renault GTA for sale" or something similar and it might attract some google searches after a couple of weeks. Don't forget to include photos - I like photos.

:clementi:

Back