Sprackers

Enthusiast
I just want to say thanks to in no particular order to:

DFigueira
AndyMcGhee
Andrew4Renaults
JCarruthers
Malcolm
And last, but by no means least, Clematine.

It was the condenser. And to think without all your help, I would be stuck here for god knows how long, at the campsite, on the banks of the Dordogne river, in French village, next to a bar, petite bistro opposite, quiet with no news about immigration, politics, bbc scandals, stock markets plummeting, interest rates spiralling, NHS crisis, recession fears.

So thank you all again for your help so I can get back to England tomorrow

Now I’m going to have 29 beers.

All the best

Sprackers

IMG_1503.jpeg

[Irony switch ON] My sympathy has just been reduced.... I thought you'd broken down in le Massif Central, miles from anywhere, alone, no food, no beer, wine or baguettes, struggling to connect to l'internet by using a mobile 'phone with rapidly depleting batteries, your family and friends anxious to know your whereabouts and short of money. Now we find you're living the "life of Riley", with excellent French food round the corner and and probably taping away on your laptop while watching the sun go down as you sip an ice cold lager from the bar that's only inches (centimetres?) away! [Irony switch OFF]

Nice one! Seriously, though, I'm glad all our advice helped and that you'll soon be back home in one piece. Personally, I'd stay where your are....

Well done!

We had a fairly new condensor fail on us and it made the car nearly undrivable up hills.

That doesn't sound like a bad place to break down to be honest... ive just managed to break down at the most inconvient places ever... at night

My hunch was not correct but glad people managed to help you out. Also was able to learn something new and that an extra condenser for a trip is not a bad idea!

Enjoy the beers!

Brilliant forum. And I hope this gives anyone confidence to get out in our R4’s.

I only saw 1 other R4 on my whole trip down

[Irony switch ON] My sympathy has just been reduced.... I thought you'd broken down in le Massif Central, miles from anywhere, alone, no food, no beer, wine or baguettes, struggling to connect to l'internet by using a mobile 'phone with rapidly depleting batteries, your family and friends anxious to know your whereabouts and short of money. Now we find you're living the "life of Riley", with excellent French food round the corner and and probably taping away on your laptop while watching the sun go down as you sip an ice cold lager from the bar that's only inches (centimetres?) away! [Irony switch OFF]

Nice one! Seriously, though, I'm glad all our advice helped and that you'll soon be back home in one piece. Personally, I'd stay where your are....
Almost spot on Andrew, except I had to get my Valet to go to the bar next door to get my cold beer, that was after, of course he had rearranged my cushion for my back in the lounger.

IMG_1415.jpeg

Almost spot on Andrew, except I had to get my Valet to go to the bar next door to get my cold beer, that was after, of course he had rearranged my cushion for my back in the lounger.

View attachment 32010
Christine on the right, and the only other R4 I saw on the whole trip down.
Maybe Christine caught “Condenser Covid” off that other French R4. Yeah, that was it , she started back firing right after that.

its quite true, you dont see that many R4's in france. More 2CV's. But there is always a beep and a wave when you do. There are three in Martel and one F4.

Back