Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

help

PPP

Enthusiast
Hello all
I'm new to this forum, I have recently bought a Renault 4gtl clan, 1993 model. No doubt this subject has been covered before but as I am new to 4l's I would appreciate any advice offered. The year door/hatch hinges have rusted and broken, does anyone know who sells the fixing points that weld onto the roof, or any enthusiasts that make good after market parts, I am having great difficulty sourcing these as Renault no longer show an interest, thanks in advance.

Mmm... thknk you have to find a scrapyard or rebuild them yourself... at the end they are just a metal sheet plied and a pin...

Mmm... thknk you have to find a scrapyard or rebuild them yourself... at the end they are just a metal sheet plied and a pin...
Thanks for the advice, its looking like a home fix.

Normally it is just the roll pin which just rusts you should be able to drill it out and put a 7mm pin or bolt in. If the welded part is broken off the roof is that rusted away?

It is common for the roll pin to seize and the metal part attached to the roof break as a result. The metal part can be welded back on fairly easily and is fine when the pins are greased.

Yes its the welded part that is snapped, it has been badly repaired in the past, I will have to find someone local to do that, thanks all.

Woop woop, we like pictures :-D

Looks excellent externally...

Woop woop, we like pictures :-D

Looks excellent externally...
Its solid underneath too, just one major area is back tail hinge and seals.
New brakes being ordered next week before test.

Welcome
You have successfully added pics always useful as when you ask a question about your particular model we've got an idea which exact variant you are talking about
But rust problems seem to apply to all models ☺
Ps even I manage to have problems uploading pics with either extra duplicates or some missing made worse by upload speed and if your on android pics have to be done one at a time

Back