Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

hi, advive for a newby

alex6

i love the look and style of these cars as of course you guys do. recently i found myself car-less and needing transport so i think i have found a nice r4 for sale. can any of you give me some pointers about buying into this beautiful piece of machinery please:)

Also you'd probably be better off going for one of the 1108cc cars rather than 850cc or 950cc. Much better for getting up the hills. Whatever you do don't buy a pre-1969 3 speed car.

It's flat around here, but even then the 3 speed cars are difficult. The unusually slow acceleration of the 3 speeders will surely guarantee a good crash in the backside at some point, but hopefully not before the Renault 4 meeting on the second May bank holiday as I'm determined to turn up in an un-dented car just once. Are you coming along to that Pepper? It's where we meet up.

It's not so bad in France, only in the UK where everyone else has an Audi and is in a hurry. In Chamonix everyone is nice and it's just the hills you have to worry about. Being a very thorough Renault 4 website we've checked out the suitability of Renault 4s in Chamonix and have made a full report here.

renault 4 meeting????

When did this get organised and count me in, I better get my butt organised and get it on the road then!

I'll be in a very dented Renault 4 so I'll make up for yours.

I spent a nice couple of hours this afternoon in the machine shop turning a set of wheel nuts down properly for the Gordini Alloys, so thats all sorted now.

It's the one in Kent that Derek from Renospeed organises. Everyone is welcome and generally it's Sunday in the bank holiday at the end of May. I'm planning to have Ornella ready to go down.

..As soon as I saw this chap was in Chamonix..

..I knew this report was coming...

You are incorrigible Malcolm..

That means he is predictable Pepper and I perdict he you and I will be on the Kent run this year - Its a bit of a trial - winding round all the least well know lanes in Kent when we could use the motorway but oh well, its fun to go through tiny villages and you see a 40 year old father out for an early walk with his children and you hear him say 'oh look Mandy, there is an old Renault 4 and another and another and another'..and so it goes on!!.

We usually go and have a huge slap up lunch with one of Malcolms rich friends who generally own all the bloody huge piles in Kent!!

Great fun and not to be missed...

• CIMG4546.jpg
    CIMG4546.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 61
Back