Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hot Club De Norvege/ an update.....

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hi all! For the past 10days we've had over 30C.here in Norway,so any/all plans have been simmering slowly.

-Changed the whole carb (Zenith 32 IF V10417)took the one
from the donor for the trailer-project as that one did run like a dream.
Funny thing Both carbs are identical-and ALL jets &
settings were Exactly the same,but with this carb.Roffen starts instantly without choke-as before it would be hard to
get it going if semi-hot. Also the slight hesitation on acc.is
gone......Both carbs were serviced and I found them in good condition with no faults whatsoever.
So How come the difference in behaviour ?? Beats me !

Mounted a heat-shield over the exhaust-pot under the wing
as wing and inner- were screaming hot before.
Saw discussion re.the mountings and holes on the innerwing elsewhere here..
Well, let me tell you the 3 holes are PERFEC' for mounting the heatshield. Temp on wing/inner- is now just lukewarm
Plus the shield has also lowered the exhaust-noise from the pot
-Now I can actually hear the exhaust-sound coming from the REAR-Fantastic!

Heatshield Made a la Maison, measures 50X40cm longitudal
I cut out a piece for the in-pipe bent it as a upside-down U
drilled 3 holes matching the 3 holes on inner-wing used 3
pieces of metalpipe Diam 6 mm. lenght about 3cm. to get the heatshield 3cm away from under wing and 3cm away from pot... Heatshield itself made of 0,7mm.galvanized steel. after mounted it's just some slight bending in diff.shapes to give it some structural strenght...

Don't forget La 2e Reunion de R4 at Loheac (Fr.) Oct.4-5:eek: See you all there! -R.

mguez

hello hot club de Norway....can I ask if you have any connection with the famous Hot Club de Norway gypsy Jazz group? If not I'm interested in how you came to that name Thanks

HI mguez! -naw I'm not connected-liking Jazz though,and it's SO friggin'Hot here in Norway right now-using my lightly insulated socks! c",) -R.

Back