Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How and where is the best place to insure my Renault 4

lafolie

I'm a bit new to this renault stuff and am having difficulty in an insurers even knowing what a renault 4 is!
I'm used to them getting confused over 50 year old cars but an 1989 Renault?

Any advice about which insurers to speak to and what I can expect to pay greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Neil

Footman James is great if its not going to be your daily driver.

Not sure what to pay because I insure my cars differently but my friend has three Morris Minors and they cost him the Grand Total of £100.02 this year for all three!

..If it helps Neil, I insure mine through Swiftcover ..

.. And it costs me around a £100 for third party, f and t.

Mind you I am 162 years old and have been driving since the end of the first world war!!

• CIMG3076 4.jpg
    CIMG3076 4.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 101
Some of the mainstream insurers don't like '89 Renault 4s. Mine is with Direct line for about £120 (inc business use) but that's '84 when they still imported them into the UK so the car appears on their system.

Footman James quoted me £400! I've got another on a Classic policy (limited mileage non-business use and not driving to work) for under £100, but that's only because they would insure it for a drive home from France.

Worth phoning around a bit more, or try one of those price comparison sites to see if any insurers admit to recognising the car. Another member with a '89 TL found Saga to be cheapest - I think they insure over '50s only.

i payed £88 third party f & t with the post office

many thanks

Thanks to everyone for their help!
Will be on the phone in the week then!

I'll be back with more questions later........driving it to the south of France in July/August so lots to do to prepare! OMG

Back