Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How many Renaults have you had??

jake the peg

Enthusiast
i was ruminating the other evening over the various cars I have had, many now considered classics, and started totting up how many were Renaults. Seems like i have had a lot! Started with a Dauphine when I was 18, progressing to a Floride. Since then I have had the following
R4, R5 x2, R6, R9, R10, R12 estate, R16 x4 (2 in the UK, one in Mauritius and one in South Africa) R19, R21 7 seater estate, Espace, Kangoo , Clio, Laguna and 2 Trafic campers, one of which i still have. Any advance on that :)

I learnt to drive on my mother's Renault 6tl, then bought one, then 2 x Renault 12's, a now a 4. ☺

I started with an 18GTL Estate, then a 21 non-turbo diesel hatchback, a Savannah 2.1TD, 1.4 Megane (1st generation), 1.6 Megane (also 1st gen), and now the 4GTL. I did have a Suzuki Grand Vitara which had a Renault engine and I will be taking delivery of a new Dacia (Renault for the proletariat!) Duster in about 4 weeks. All great cars and super comfortable - well maybe not the R4 which is surprisingly comfortable, but not in the super category.

My absolute favourite was the R16 TXE, would love another, but you can't find them anymore

Two R8’s, one R4, one Caravelle, three R16’s (all TL’s) two R5’s (Gordini and GTL) one Scenic.

I really fancy another R4.

Back