Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

how many uk R4s left?

mr-reno-139

AKA Paul Cunningham
hi everybody
Angels post got me thinking ,as last uk built r4s were in1986/7
does any body have reliable figures on how many r4s are left on the road / declared sorn etc
will dvla let clubs etc acess records ?
remember reading in sun a while ago that renault 18 had about 15 survivors left on the road how did they know ?
any guesses
paul
failing that if all uk owners on this site say how many we all have, we can work it out :)

I've a feeling something is possible through the DVLA. They'll certainly have the information about how many are registered with the new style documents, and how many of those are taxed or sorned.

Had a quicky search on their release of information page but it doesn't mention this sort of search. Wonder how other people have done it.

To start the ball rolling, I've got about 8, but only 1 on the road. Bit less than 1 really as some of the less important bits have already fallen off.

Well found - so that's how they find the numbers out. I'm guessing the 443 are taxed (silly question - otherwise they'd be on the road illegally).

I wonder how many were sold in the UK. Bet we pushed more than half a million sales, so those that remain would be 0.1% forgetting the imports about the place (I know of 3 myself). Not quite so good as Land Rover who claim more than 50% survivors.

Ah well. Though it does make me wonder whether preserving my old scruffy might be an idea. It only needs a new front floor and bare metal respray to become a great example.

I was disappointed to read that only 443 R4s survive in England. We were always trying to estimate how many have been left here in Greece.From some incomplete data I have, I guess around 8000-10000 have been sold here and we think about 200 (counting abandoned ones too) survive today but they really must be fewer.

A lot of members aren't from the UK. While we are running through stats only 30% of posts in this thread were written by UK based members.

A fellow in the local supermarket asked if he could buy Ermintrude yesterday so there may be some potentials knocking about here as well. He didn't look rich and daft so I said no. How would I have got home?

Hi Malcolm! Good to see you're not frozen solid by now..
natural question now would be some stats.telling How many members comes from which country....

wow how did my old thread get back up top
guess it could of been interest generated by mot pass figures thread
anyway this lot over here on AS have got technical and created a map of members
( think our very own Mr Lobster of F6 fame is already on it)
http://autoshite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6769
maybe malcolm likes the idea ?

Back