Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How much is my new GTL worth??

Driftwood

Hi People,
I'm new here and wonder if you can give me some advice. An old Aunty has left me some stuff in her will. Amongst the "stuff" is her Renault 4 GTL. She never left the garage after my uncle died in 1992. I went & picked it up last week as pleased as punch as I always loved "Lady Di" & cant believe she's actually been left to me. She is a beautifull cream 1986 GTL with 21,000 loving miles on her. There is not a spec of rust anywhere on her, her paint has come up like new. Her engine bay is spotless. I put some fresh petrol in her & she fired up first turn.
My problem is that I want to make sure I have her insured properly. How much is she genuinely worth. I can honestly say she looks like she just rolled out the showroom.
I dont want to sell her. I just need to know what her true value is.
Please can you give me some goalposts.
:confused:

Thanks Claude, I'm really proud of her, I'll put some photo's up when I can. I didn't know Renault 4s had so many fans. Personally I'm just glad to have her, she's as good as new. I looked at the Clemantines guide, but according to that, it looks like she's above top of their value guide. She's a real Lady.

Price is always going to be a thorny issue with R4's in my opinion as I think finding someone prepared to pay top $ for a top $ car is difficult as they're not particularly sought after.

I paid £2,000 for a two owner, 23k mile car last year, that has never been welded, no rust, no paint repairs etc.

As an insurance valuation maybe £3.5-4k but I wouldn't expect to sell it for that.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Yep I understand what your saying. Thanks for replying, sound like yours & mine are almost the same.

I agree with all of the above :)

And I recommend Lobster's diecasts too :yellowre:

Thanks everybody. insurance to sort out & then start pottering around in a very Regal fashion. Toot when you see me!

Back