Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How to clean Headlight interiors - Should you, any no no's?

BB d

Enthusiast
I'm midway through creating the LHD, RHD additional positioning groove

(Thank you to...
fredericks-workshop.gif

frederick.gif

.. and find myself pondering cleaning interiors whilst here, or to leave alone... any wisdom out there to be shared on the matter?

many thanks

b

I've not tried R4 headlight reflector cleaning, but have found other reflectors can be very delicate, and scratch with a finger-touch. Those were more modern though :ashamed:

I've not tried R4 headlight reflector cleaning, but have found other reflectors can be very delicate, and scratch with a finger-touch. Those were more modern though :ashamed:
Thanks for that. I very gently wafted a puffed piece of kitchen roll at it and decided that was enough. testing when dark.

I did it with rice and alcohol, obviously dismounting the lights from the car and shaking
Sure come reflector can be quite delicate, especially when ageing, so if you're thinking about doing it's at your own risk.

I cleaned my headlights with glass cleaner. Removed them, removed bulb and sprayed cleaner inside. Then I took a soft microfiber cloth and cleaned inside with it. Result was amazing, just like I bought a brand new ones :D

Have done same thing as MarioZG..
Be careful doing it, as edge where you push fingers thru is sharp and can easily cut your finger while you wipe with cloth

Back