Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..If its Saturday evening, its competition time...

I've seen the last photo before. It's an Estafette being used in a sawmill. Which year is it? I had it down as an early '70s van.

Fortunately I can avoid identifying most of the others so should be free from any prize. I did spot a nice grey 2CV van which looks a lot like the one mathiszig took on the Plymoth Dakar rally: http://www.renault4.co.uk/plymouth-dakar.htm

Do you know what the rest are?

..Timinder..

Well done - a rather 'off the wall' reply but I suppose you 'named ' them, but 'Pierre' is a bit french even though you can see a Daimler and Porche in the collection so you will need to name each individually as well as post up an pic of your R4 for all to see that you are a 'bona fide' owner and then you will be sent a special prize of a musical CD of the best blues in the world...and it it Tim Inder or Tim in Der.....and here is the bike that I won the 1976 Tour de France on...amazingly no one noticed the small motor!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, they all have different names? :confused:
Do I see a Sunbeam Alpine top left an the first poster?
I would love to be in a position to post a photo of my own R4, but I'm still searching for one. Ideally, I'd like an earlier one as I prefer the shape of the grille etc. and I probably wouldn't use it for travelling long distances, so a small engine wouldn't be a problem. (though hopefully NOT as small as the one on your bike!)
If it was a little rough around the edges that would also be an advantage, as I quite fancy doing a bit of work - and it would be cheaper to buy!

It's Tim Inder btw, but you can call me Tim :wink:

Back