Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

info needed

swannieg

Enthusiast
Hi all,

Can someone point me into the right direction where I could find the following,
First I need the Renault logo at the tail gait (2 of them one for a 1963 and one for a 1989, I do think that thy are the same)
Secondly I need the 4 screw's that lock the sunroof, 2 at the front and 2 at the back.
New or used.

Many thanks,

Gerrie.

South-Africa.

The Renault emblems are not the same. For 1963 model it should be a large "4L". Turns up on ebay rather frequently as I have noticed.
For 1989 model, it is plastic and reads "Renault 4" with the later style font. Maybe I have one.

The sunroof fixing "screws" are the same as the rear seat fixing ones , except that the latter have female thread. So you should simply find four of them, and screw in an M6 stud of appropriate length. The thread is specially formed at the end, but you can duplicate it very easily in a lathe or by grinding it.
I don't have any spares but I can take you a picture and measurements of an actual sunroof screw if you like.

Hi Angel,

If you can sent me a picture of the screw it will be grate.
Will you have a look to see if you got the Renault logo, can you quote me for the logo and shipping ass well.
My shipping address:

Po-box 1104
Pyramid
Pretoria
South-Africa.

Many thanks,

Gerrie.

Is it possible to find the four screw's on your side ass well.
There ant many R4's in south-Africa, spares are very scarce.

The 1989 logo is still available from Renault. They call them monogram. Do you have the white plastic rings used to fasten the thing to the rear door?

Let me know if they won't order these for you. You would need 2 of 77.00.640.963. If you need to do any painting on the panel where the monogram goes do it before you attach the thing because my guess is it will come of in only one way: in pieces.

Dear Blacksmith,

I did phone our local dealer but no luck, according to them thy haven't had any stock or any part numbers on the R4.

Many thanks,

Gerrie.

Back