Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

...Insurance...

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..Wow team, my friends at Admiral want to charge my son and I £2370.51 to insure us to drive around in our favourite car - What a rip off

Can anyone suggest a nice insurance man who will find it a pleasure to insure such a wonderful car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Insurance

.... there's always lots of variables, but Pinkpenguindog got a very good deal with Direct Line.

Increasing the excess will always reduce the premium ....

Try one of the classic car insurers - Adrian Flux and Footman James could be worth a try. You'll need to phone rather than use their internet sites though.

Mine is with Direct Line - not the cheapest but they sorted out my bump quickly. Not sure if they are keen on under 21s though.

The on line sites could be worth a try too - http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/

Could you write a bit smaller.

..Thanks..

Thanks very much for your help Clementine - most appreciated - Now I have had an idea, so look out - Although you have personal galleries on the site, what about a 'National Gallery' of all the funny, inventive, trite, daft, incredible, unbelievable, stupid etc etc photos that have been posted with threads as I think it would be nice to be able to look at them all in a gallery (in my humble opinion)

You could which breach the official secrets act etc!!

Now any news on my MIG wire?

Font size ok this time?

Font size is much better - thanks. Just need a bit of work on the colour now. :D

The guy from whom I buy welding things is enjoying skiing this week. (Wrong grammer seemed odd, but righter grammer seems odder. How does that work). If you are in a hurry pop into Halfords, find the welding area and look at the wire. The one you want will be called "flux cored mild steel welding wire" and might mention the word "gasless". Don't buy anything that doesn't mention "flux cored" or "gasless". The size will be 0.8mm or 0.9mm.

Otherwise if you are feeling rich: http://www.welduk.com/Details.asp?ProductID=119

Gallery is an idea, though I'm still nervous about copyright. Wouldn't be difficult to add a section. What would you call it?

..National Gallery name..

..what about a small and easily remembered name like...

'The greatest collection of Renault 4 pictures both normal and abnormal in the World' ..or even 'Clementines Collection of Custom Coloured Renault 4 Calligraphs'...

Lets have some more ideas, especially from out Continental Colleagues?

Back