Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Key Question

bobjacqs

Enthusiast
The second car I picked up to serve as spares for the first one has no keys and the steering lock is on. I've disconnected the steering column but it would be nice to be able to maneuver it around more easily with the steering wheel so I took out the driver's doorlock and took it to a locksmith. He wanted £35 to make me a key. If it had been for car number one I would have paid, but I don't really want to spend £35 on the second car. Any thoughts?

That won't work easiest way is remove tiny screw rear of metal housing screws into side of lock
All plastic removed first for acess
Then if you locate 2 metal square holes that book says to press in with key in G position
Use a 1mm cutting disc on angle grinder carefully extend these to form a large slot outwards to key hole remove metal fragments and lock will slide out undamaged and then if you ever need a spare lock take that into locksmiths ☺

If you get a key cut for that lock, you can sell the lock and key set , and if you look they seem to command a good price which will more than cover your cost.

Back