Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Knock-knock..anyone at home in Nederland ?

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hi guys-especially members of the Duch R4L squadron on here.
staying in Germany for a few days,we'd thought we'd drive out West towards the coast
and in the off-chance our Dutch brethren isn't all up in Norwayland by now,I thought I'd
ask if someone is home and wants to meet up somewhere around you? A cafe or pub/bar
would be nice if we could make it..
-We're Not out to get housed/dined/wined/adopted(!)-or other freebies/benefits
-just a get-together or meet with fellow-quatrellists along our way
-If you're ready,willing-or just able ,will do it too! PM me and I'll get back (anyways)asap
as plans developes

PS:
Any BON addresses/tips re R4L/R5A guys in the know/parts/dealers/afficionados in the
NL Greatly Appreciated (all since wife told me she definately wants to go parts-digging
at local junk-yards (late) last night -Or that is what I'll tell her she said anyways.. -R.

Last edited:
Hi Jurjen -Thanx Much for responding. Much appreciated! -If you relay me some specific details by PM I'd see how it fits our
travels
we'd be be ready to take a left (or right)turn to meet up. I've put wife into bed,but having a real hard time finding own bed
-could have sworn it was there earlier today :whistle: - Reid.

Hello Reid, you're welcome to visit the farmshed with a GTL in 1000+ pieces.
I live in the beautifull and warmest region the south-east of The Netherlands near Eindhoven.
Just PM me about date details as my wife and I are currently in the mids of moving to and restoring the new house we've bought.
Cheers, Joop

Last edited:
Feel welcome to visit Groningen! I have a small workshop restoring a TL, would be fun to meet! Cheers, Jurjen
Well Jurjen, nice way of telling "I have a small workshop" :D
It's SMALL with capitals and squared :cool:
Cheers mate :drunk:

Hallo Joop and Jurjen
we're staying at Hafenspeicher hotel in Leer tonight-looks a nice town so we'll have a walk around and get a feel for the place.
-Guess we're not that far from Groningen so in case you are around there sometime tomorrow we might meet up with you Jurjen..
PM me in case it suits you or with any other suggestions ok?
Would be a blast to meet.
-Thanx for the invite and the keys to the city of Eindhoven :D Joop,We'd love to meet up so will keep you in the loop as to when we'
re around..

All the best/ -Reid.

Last edited:
Hi Reid,

I have some spare time on next tuesday after 17.30 PM? (working this week). Let me know!

Welcome in the south-west.
Only an hours drive from some fantastic beaches

Welcome in Rijsbergen. In our Chateau-Renault.

I'm afraid we'd be long gone by then Jurjen-I suspect all coppers will have our mug-shots in 3D so we'd best be out of cuntry :cool:
but -there has to be a next time yes? and if you Ever take a wrong turn in life and end up in Norwayland just give us a holler and
we'll have the tea-kettle on spiked with some genever as we like it-right? -R.

Hi harbourseal-How You doin'?
-I guess I have to tell my footman to contact your footman so all arrangements&procedures are arranged and carried out
in a proper (by Our standards) way b4 we make our Grand Entrance-or would it be ok for us just to pop up in our chariot?

Have your man PM my man the details and we'll make all effort to forthcome your demands Sire... :whistle: -Reid.

Quick report from the trenches...
Staying in Rotterdam tonight,came in just in time to celebrate the highlights of the traffic-rush home from work
for a loose count of about two gazillion madmen with low blood-sugar,glazed-over eyes and patience like a bulldog
with a grudge..
little overcast but nice driving conditions.Had some nice grub and a beer so all ok.sitting at a local bar resolving
some of the major issues re the state of the world b4 we turn in early (wifey tells me she wants go shopping to-
morrow so best I build some strenght and patience as per usual it Will be a bloody massacre :o -Reid.

Born & raised in Rotterdam, I still mis the beautiful scenery in the evening walking over the Erasmusbridge.. Enjoy the city! :waving:

If you are still around the Rotterdam area tomorrow be welcome at Chateau-Renault in Rijsbergen. No need for formal introductions or chaperones.

Regards,
Robert.

If you are still around the Rotterdam area tomorrow be welcome at Chateau-Renault in Rijsbergen. No need for formal introductions or chaperones.

Regards,
Robert.
Hi Robert,we'll be moving on South tomorrow,have an appointment near Calais that just came in order
Needs to pick up some parts and seller has only a small window of opportunity to meet and deliver.
-I'll send you a PM in good time b4 our return North in case we could meet up then -Reid.

sorry for our silence guys (and doll) Had to haul a** down to Calais due to sellers change of plans-
then had a phone from a friend between Chaumont and Nogent (Haute Marne) which made us change plans
once more,as it's about an opportunity I just could not miss out on.. Possibly more about that later....
All I can say to the nice people above is I'm sorry it didn't work out re us meeting up this time,we will take
other route on our way home so must take a raincheck this time but trust we'll meet up another time
Thanx much for the good NL-tip BlueGreen! I think you may have actually have a point there !! -Reid.

Back