Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

La douce France...

Luigi Berlusconi

Enthusiast
I've been on holiday in south France, still many R4's over there!

• IMG_0001b.jpg
    IMG_0001b.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0002b.jpg
    IMG_0002b.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0003b.jpg
    IMG_0003b.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0009b.jpg
    IMG_0009b.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0019b.jpg
    IMG_0019b.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 167
  • R4b.jpg
    R4b.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 165
They almost all seem to be white down there. Was it a cheaper colour to buy or just to reflect the sun?

I love the way the 4s look like hard working cars with roof racks, and bits of equipment inside and outside.

yeah, pretty much all white or creme, for the sun I think. The white one with the trunk open was in saint tropez, really funny to see these lot get their shopping out of the R4 and then into their king size boat :D

Les automobiles blanches

Clementine said:
They almost all seem to be white down there. Was it a cheaper colour to buy or just to reflect the sun?
Les français must know that the white ones carry more. Because of the relaxed lifestyle in the South of France they do not want the faster blue and green ones. :wink:

I am considering painting one yellow. Well, it's yellow anyway, but possibly a respray somewhere down the line. What's good about the yellow ones? And will it get any better by making it yellower?

yellow R4s

Well, Clementine tells us that yellow ones have brighter headlights and comfier seats. A yellow car like Ermintrude also makes you a happier and more sociable person. :D When Ermintrude last came for a holiday here in the big city she made no end of friends. A quick shop in Tesco would take two hours because groups of admirers would gather round her. I have a blue one only because here I have to compete with big Mercs, Audis and BMWs and I like to be first away at the traffic lights.

There's a silver one on eBay at the moment.

I think the general shape of the Renault 4 might be a bit like a stealth fighter. When I had my bump the other guy said he didn't see me. And mine is in a difficult to miss shade of bright yellow. I thought is was a "Spitfires out of the sun" incident at the time. Did I mention the yellow ones were the most valuable?

Watch the blue ones though - it's easy to find more rust than initially expected in those things.

I am a brit living in the limousin area of France its a very agricultural area nearly all the locals seem to have either the 4 car or van I visited a couple of scrapyards the other day a I bust the sump on my R21 and there was easily 100 4s in various states even a "plein air" one most of them are indeed off white;)

Greeney in France said:
I am a brit living in the limousin area of France its a very agricultural area nearly all the locals seem to have either the 4 car or van I visited a couple of scrapyards the other day a I bust the sump on my R21 and there was easily 100 4s in various states even a "plein air" one most of them are indeed off white;)

It sounds like Eldorado over there!

Back