Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

leboncoin ..... French web site

John B

Enthusiast
There is an item on leboncoin that I want to buy for my Renault 6
https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/1833157189.htm
It appears it is not possible for me to buy this as I do not have a French telephone number required in the registration process.
So my question is this - is there anyone in France on this forum that could buy this for me and post it on to Italy?
I will pay up front of course.
Thanks.

I can do this for you, it would take a few days to get it to me from his address can you let me have your details and I will contact the seller, regards

I can do this for you, it would take a few days to get it to me from his address can you let me have your details and I will contact the seller, regards
Fantastic, thank you.
Perhaps it will be better if I can email you with details?
Send an email to me johnbowles@live.it and I can reply with information.

There is an item on leboncoin that I want to buy for my Renault 6
https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/1833157189.htm
It appears it is not possible for me to buy this as I do not have a French telephone number required in the registration process.
So my question is this - is there anyone in France on this forum that could buy this for me and post it on to Italy?
I will pay up front of course.
Thanks.
Before Britain left the European Union we were inundated with forecasts of our inability to carry on trading with our European neighbours..... While in no way wishing to denigrate the E.U. I find it strange that 2 founding member states of the E.U. will not permit cross border registration on a shopping website! Was all that talk of free movement of goods, services (my italics) and labour just that-talk? Or have I missed something?

Before Britain left the European Union we were inundated with forecasts of our inability to carry on trading with our European neighbours..... While in no way wishing to denigrate the E.U. I find it strange that 2 founding member states of the E.U. will not permit cross border registration on a shopping website! Was all that talk of free movement of goods, services (my italics) and labour just that-talk? Or have I missed something?
It's a crazy world. Pre Brexit I could buy food items from British Corner Shop web site and have them sent to me in Italy. One item I regularly ordered was a pate' clearly labelled "Made in France". Since Brexit French pate' can no longer be sent to UK to then be sent to Italy.

It's a crazy world. Pre Brexit I could buy food items from British Corner Shop web site and have them sent to me in Italy. One item I regularly ordered was a pate' clearly labelled "Made in France". Since Brexit French pate' can no longer be sent to UK to then be sent to Italy.
Same here!
Bought a lot from GB before brexit.
Catskills, Alfaholics and Demon tweeks I have as first supplier on tires, oil and motorsportparts. Bought a lot from other companies also. Sadly not an option for us anymore.

Maybe it is the policy of the web site or sellers, nothing to do with the EU which of course you do not wish to denigrate :)

Leboncoin is not an online shop or something similar to ebay, as many people believe. It's just a website with privateers' ads. It's only up to the seller's decision to reply (or not) to a request from abroad. I have tried to contact leboncoin's sellers many times, both myself and having French friends call, SMS or email the seller. Noone of us got any reply; the same would happen - I think - if somebody from abroad was interested in a car advertised in a Greek or Italian or British local sales website.

lebon conc is a nightmare if ouside France. I've tried to contact sellers via site, email goes via LBC and is stopped by LBC-system
This Might have to do with the fact it's owned by a Norwegian co (Schibsted) which is well known to be dragging their feet... -Reid.

The problem I have found is that no one over there wants to deal with OUR customs requirements. As there are 450 million people over there to sell to, they are not bothered with the few in the UK , given all the paperwork they need to do to sell here. There is no paperwork for all the others.
seems strange that the vote for brexit was coloured by getting our fish back. Now we have it, the EU won’t buy it from us. And yet we find that fish is still expensive in the shops and we are buying RUSSIAN fish for our chip shops. Again, it took 40 years to find our feet in Europe, and when we had , we shot both of them.

Back