Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

LHD R4 GTL Clan

Don't tell everyone!

It's in the Lake district - can you imagine how hard that would be to pick up. All those little lanes and those hills! Miles away from anywhere too. And don't forget the rain - place might be flooded after all the rain we've had recently. You might win the eBay thing but you'd never manage to get there to pick it up - not without all those dry stone walls collapsing on top of you. :D

Having said that looks like a promising one doesn't it.

More seriously - I'll be keeping an eye on that one in case it goes cheap but don't let that stop anyone else. Otherwise I can swap a set of nice original body side finishers and proper grey bumpers etc for the stainless grille. The Clan was the GTL equivalent with the 1108 engine so a lot nicer than the Savanne.

Nasty looking dent in that wing though :eek:

EDIT> Having thought about it my car works OK and I want to get rid of them rather than accumulate more. Still want that grille though.

Last edited:
..Going cheap Clementine?..

..What do you expect on Ebay, time everyone has read the Classics and Sports Magazine article about our little babies, that one on ebay will probably make £3k.... but I have a plan... I have decided that I need to get rid of my collection of 11 low mileage, rust free, right hand drive top quality upholstered Renault 4's vans collected over the last 12 years - They are all taxed and have an average of 9 months MOT - One does need a new rear off side light.
They are going to go straight to 'Paradise' in the bonnie Bedfordshire countryside to be kept with some other outstanding examples of French engineering and will certainly keep you in awe all summer....and the ambulance comes free in case of problems at the Slow Car meeting in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Clan was the GTL equivalent with the 1108 engine so a lot nicer than the Savanne.

EDIT> Having thought about it my car works OK and I want to get rid of them rather than accumulate more. Still want that grille though.
For that one, Clementine, it would be worth getting Mr Scrappie to come and clear your barn.

Don't cast nasturtiums on the Savane though. Little Blanche has just tootled 2,000 miles around deepest France and tackled the steepest hills with a full load of camping stuff without a single complaint on hardly any petrol. 70mpg can't be right can it?

No, 70mph does sound imaginative. :D

I'm seriously considering a sort out, though I doubt there are all that many people in the country that would consider taking on one of my project cars. Wouldn't get Mr Scrappie involved though - there's still shed space for the remains of the worst ones.

What about Mr Breaker though! As i'm still after a set of seats in either the deep red or black.

Mt Breaker could happen if I decide to get rid of the cars and nobody else wants them, but the only cool seats I have are for models with the handbrake on the dash (won't fit between the seats). Apart from the really cool black TL seats but they are in my everyday GTL just now.

Has anyone looked at the car in the Lake District yet? Surprised bidding hasn't picked up.

Go on Clementine, you know you want it!
I realised I'm not keen on the LHD driving position. Steering wheel seems to be in a weird place on the LHD cars. I'm planning to stick with old tatty until the Gordini is finished.

The tatty one actually broke down a couple of weeks ago, though arguably that could have been partly my fault as I'd failed to replenish her petrol :D Some builders sorted me out on the way back to the farm (pushing the Renault).

The Clan sold for £1800. Seems fair if it was as good as it looked.

Back