Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

looking for R4 plein air

al1

Enthusiast
Hi if anyone knows of a plein air for sale, I'd love to hear from them.
any condition considered, preferably with sound bodywork.
Alex

Hello alex,

I also own an 71' plein Air - but sorry, i will Not sell it. You here in the Uk are the only one i found in the last year, Talking about plein Airs. What do you think, how man plain airs are still excistible ? Do you Know something about the worth of a plein Air today ? My Restauration will Be finished within the Next two Weeks and i have to make the right incurance.

best regards

chris

Plein Air

Oh well, let me know if you ever change your mind. That was the year I was born!
I was reading some previous forums and apparently only 7 were imported into the UK so they're pretty rare.
All the best
Alex

Sorry, but i will hold him Tighten. We are now in the final works with my one. Next week the body will be painted. It shoult be ready in 2 weeks. You will not believe it, i got a transmission and a body frame (chassis ??) New old stock. Unused !

Do you have an idea about the worth ? There is nothing to find in any magazines ect. I think the condition after all will be excelent

Best regards

chris

I hope you understand my english :-)

Hey Chris,

where are you from?
The NOS chassis did you use it for your restoration on the PleinAir or is it still unused (for sale)?

David

i'm german

yes we took the chassis for the plein air. getting this frame was like xmass and eastern together.

plein air ?

i worked at a renault main agent in 1969 and transporters deivered more than 7 i remember thinking what are they all about
Reg

Renault 4 Plein Air

Hello,
Please check out: http://renault4pleinair.com and register your plein air. This is a site dedicated to the plein air and is aimed at tracing all plein airs still around and joining their owners and enthusiasts to meet and share information, photos, find parts, etc..
Please spread the word!
Cheers!
Renault 4 Plein Air .com Team

This exchange regarding plein air R4 has not referred to previous dialogue on this forum. There were 6 UK built right hand drive cars manufactured in 1969,details are in the previous postings, also mentioning the UK survivors; my restored plein air, VMY465G is now in the Renualt UK heritage collection. There are many replicas

Back