Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Mk1 R4 basic seats

edwin

Enthusiast
Hi all again. Regarding the same car, a 72 basic 4L, it has hammock seats, ie fabric clipped between tubular seat frames. There is a rubber component in the 'suspension' of the fabric seat construction and this has perished. Does anyone know of a way of repair, or getting replacements for these seat types. Again thanks. Edwin

I have seats like this waiting for another project. I can’t get to them as they are buried in a shed but suspect they are Pirelli webbing . An upholstery supplier should help

I have seats like this waiting for another project. I can’t get to them as they are buried in a shed but suspect they are Pirelli webbing . An upholstery supplier should help
Hi Jonathan. I have discovered a company that will make up the rubber panels, to size, in modern epoxy reinforced rubber panels. with ss hooks on the side which can then be hooked into the canvas sides. It appears to be a made in heaven opportunity. I will proceed with my seats, and if all go's well, I will spread the word. He is interested in offering this as a service. They currently make rubber and seating components for the automotive industry, but he likes classic cars and is keen to help. And its modern stuff. Edwin

Hi Jonathan. I have discovered a company that will make up the rubber panels, to size, in modern epoxy reinforced rubber panels. with ss hooks on the side which can then be hooked into the canvas sides. It appears to be a made in heaven opportunity. I will proceed with my seats, and if all go's well, I will spread the word. He is interested in offering this as a service. They currently make rubber and seating components for the automotive industry, but he likes classic cars and is keen to help. And its modern stuff. Edwin
That’s great as I will need a set at some point - thank you !

Back