Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Modified 1955 4CV

Tomcat

Enthusiast
There is a 4CV modified with Renault 8 engine, gearbox and brakes on ebay at the moment.
As I have disposed of my Fulvia and Husky looking with interest at it.
Not on doorstep but near enough to me.

Anyone else watching this?

Out of my range of knowledge so can't advise you on this
Al Worsley on renault owners club facebook page possible best person to ask as no doubt will know cars history

Not a bad idea to stick a bigger engine and box in, and the flared wings should reduce it's value by a good amount. Worth bookmarking the ad and making an offer when it finishes.

Not a bad idea to stick a bigger engine and box in, and the flared wings should reduce it's value by a good amount. Worth bookmarking the ad and making an offer when it finishes.
I think it has already been through the ebay cycle once before and did not make it's reserve price. Also on "Car & Classic".

I think it has already been through the ebay cycle once before and did not make it's reserve price. Also on "Car & Classic".
I believe the car is now sold but the car was well known in RCCC circles having been owned for some time and much restoration work undertaken by the late Richard Lewin and I think one owner since then. Robin Redrup the RCCC registrar has kept records of all the known 4cvs in the UK for 35 years or more and knows the history of many of the cars

I went to see it before bidding finished.
It is now sold at £3000. I decided not too go for it in the end. Too many things requiring attention to my mind.
I understand a friend of Mr Reno purchased it.

£3000 is very cheap for a 4cv probably reflects the modifications which are not everyones cup of tea.Richard also had a standard convertable which I believe went to France.Good cars requiring no work sell in the region of £7500 upwards total rebuilds from about £500 to £1000
Genuine renault convertables seem to be making 15K There was one at Reims this year requiring total rebuild it was priced at 15000euro and sold.

A certain mr godfrey who is allegedly cutting down felt the need for it
Massive amounts of play in kingpins and trunnions I repair ed caliper for him and found a list of jobs nothing major but lots of wiring hanging free also the alternator conversion has got really small gauge out put wire

A certain mr godfrey who is allegedly cutting down felt the need for it
Massive amounts of play in kingpins and trunnions I repair ed caliper for him and found a list of jobs nothing major but lots of wiring hanging free also the alternator conversion has got really small gauge out put wire
I am glad it has gone to someone who knows Renault and safe modification It had all the qualities of a fun car but only for someone who knew what they were doing. Gary

Back