Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

More and more R4s appearing on Ebay lately

renault4mad

Enthusiast
Is it just me but does there seem to be more and more 4s appearing on ebay the last few months...are people reading classic car mags and thinking umm..i can earn some money here..

yes they do seem to be popping up on ebay, however i think there have always been 4L's for sale just via places like the free ads and the 4L websites such as this one.

Like anything, if you want some thing or want to sell some thing the first place most people go these days is ebay.

For example this morning i tried to order an oil filter for an Austin, i callled our suppliers and they said "oh sorry, not listed any more" ok i though, clicked onto ebay Four were listed so i opened up the one which was in a FRAM box, jotted down the number, called up the suppliers again, "oh yes, in stock £2.40"

lol, Michael

thats the way to do it...
i do that at my garage, i rang the suppliers for a coolant temp switch for a clio on monday.told it was the 3 pin connection type and not the 2 like the early ones, no we dont list it they said...ok can you cross reference this renault number...yes we keep that in stock...thanks,,i will have that one instead then..:confused:

not selling any of my 4s now..sold my MK1 MEXICO late 90s for £1000...now there worth £3000 for a rotten shell with a log book

Hold onto the 4S

cheers
Andrew

It is good to see them on ebay we have to hope they get into the hands of enthusiasts rather than the breakers.
I am sure the R4 is the growing collectors car for the younger Renault enthusiast and even some older enthusiast like me.
I know a lot of members of this forum still regard the 4 as a daily driver but they are also a great affordable classic at present.
At the last count we had about 40 In the Renault Classic car club and it is the fastest growing model soon to catch the 4CVs which are between 55 and 60 in number.
Gary

Renault 4 for sale

:smile:HELLO

CHECK OUT LA BON COIN THERE ARE LOADS FOR SALE, THE FRENCH ARE AWARE OF THE VALUE OF THE 4 AND ARE ASKING IN SOME CASES SILLY MONEY.

yes but be careful what you buy on there too! No log book = difficult uk registration.

I bought a 4l off there about 5 years ago and it all went smoothly but with out that french piece of paper things would have been much harder - as it was the 'cc' was wrong which caused a few hick-up's.

michael

:smile:HELLO

CHECK OUT LA BON COIN THERE ARE LOADS FOR SALE, THE FRENCH ARE AWARE OF THE VALUE OF THE 4 AND ARE ASKING IN SOME CASES SILLY MONEY.

This is the case for a while now. If you look at the R4 prices some 3-5 years earlier, they were reasonable (and in some cases low) compared to, say, a 2CV. I will always remember ar R3 that turned up on ebaysome years earlier, and although it was then the sixth known survivor, and in very good condition, it had been sold for a little over 6000 euros.
I may be (fortunately...) wrong, but I guess that from next year onwards prices of R4s (and parts, too) will go even higher, due to its 50th birthday and the general attention the R4 will draw. Do you remember how official Renault ignored it for so many years? Well, not only they are slowly uncovering some rare R4s from their collection, but, for the 2011 classic Monte Carlo rally, they will enter three R4 as official Renault team. This means a lot...things will never be the same after 2011.

That is worrying. I have been mulling getting an R4 as a starter project before moving on to something like the DS hoping I would be able to pick up one really cheap. Looks like I have missed the boat. I may have to resort to plying a old french farmer with one with a lot of booze next summer!

Good site by the way.

^^^ Plying a french farmer

Ian's green french R4 runs well but the body work needs a minor repair :rolleyes:

R 4madness must be catching

Recently saw a period ad for R4S in classic car mag 4 months later I have 2 who said advertising dosnt pay,but the fun has now started lets hope I can stand the pace Al

I got a look on le bon coin... I would like to bring home with me all of them... I would like a furgonette to turn in a camper... but in Italy is someway difficult to find one of them at a reasonable price... I found only one on ebay at 5000 euros... and it was quite well mantained but needed an external painting...

Andrea scripsit.

bandwaggon, and jumping

Is it a good thing, I dont know. If they are loved and appreciated than good on whoever buy's one.

Ive had many, perhaps 10 or 11 since the 70's when we used to be able to pick them up for under £200 for a mint condition one.
We had one that we paid £25 for and then took it to france the week after. It did two weeks up and down mountains, parked in posh places, then lived with us until it died two years later.

I used the one I have now, every day for two years until it was taken off the road in November,mainly [because the paintwork was looking a bit grotty and I was rather shown up.] But last winter it went when nothing else moved. I passed everything including 4 wheel drives, in the worst of the snow and ice.

I had to have some welding done on the sills pre last m.o.t, but other than that its in pretty good shape. Im getting it a new paint job in feb, so will be as good as new.

Bit of useless info...Ive got horses, and the 4 can carry 8 bales of hay,
5 inside 4 on the roof rack.
Its been rather good fun watching people's faces as we pass by loaded up, and it seems the police would rather turn a blind eye than pull us over.

The blue GTL which my friend took to the UK a few weeks ago sold through an advert in a weekly classic car mag, the only Renault 4 in there! Demand was such that we have found some really tidy ones which are rust free & low kms & should soon be joining it there. With any luck the new owners will join your site. We looked at a couple of interesting ones with extra pedals & bits which were driving school ones, but these were a bit rotten.
I hesitate to offer to take parts back on the trailer as my last offer to help specific members got no replies at all.
Happy new year!

Hello Reo24, If you come across and pre 1965 R4's I might be interested

oh Mike, oh Mike, another one....did you sell the vans?

Hello renault4mad,

Pssst dont let Ian see this, He knows how many 'projects' i have on the go and like a few others, thinks i should focus on just one car at a time. Of course my advisers are totally right but i cant resist a tidy bargain lol. My white F4 is going to live with an avid forum member down in Wokingham where i know it will be treasured and the red F6 is currently on ebay. I am amazed at the interest it has recieved, almost a viewing every night.

And i know i really shouldn't but i might just be forced to buy another F6 i have found. Are you allowed to mulit-story a driveway????

Back