Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Motor starter conection and feul & speed indicator problems... Help ! =)

Fidias

Enthusiast
Hi im Fidias and salute from chile, south america ! :D

Well im doing verry well with my renault restoration project, but now i have a new task thats givin me a huge heake.... its relly 3 problems, i hope that everybody can help..

First of all my Renault is an Argentinian 1973 Renault 4L =P

Problem Nº 1: Motor starter connection

when i receved my renault the cableing connection was terrible.. i mean, lamps cable for the reverse switch, 3 cables powerd going nowere, terrible !! xD..

so everything is looking good, but!!! i took out the motor starter cable that goes from the key ignition, to the starter, i cant find where its goes pluged, i see 2 cables..

*one commin from the + part of the battery that is placed to one of the nuts that the starter has.

*another one ( verry short) that coneects the solenoid and the starter.

p140310125401.jpg

... i took a picture of this 3er cable terminal

p1403101254.jpg

it has a flat female terminal.. but im thinkin that the plug of the starter is broken, cus i cant see that plug on the starter.. can anyone picture that cable slot ?.....

Im taking a picture from a nother post that david made, here is the post
http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=18555&postcount=91
hope you dont mind david

restauration116.jpg

Problem Nº2: Speed and feul indicator

This problem i have no idea how to fix it.. ive been surfin on the net and cant fine anything that could help =P, ill try to explaine clarly..

the pilot table has a speed and feul indicator, i see that the speed indicaor has a thick cable that goes to the front of the car and hides over there, but the feul indicator dosent have anythin... nothing at all .. soo i dont now what to do here..

here is the pik
p1403101308.jpg

THANKS FOR SPENDING YOURE TIME IN HELPING SOMONE ACROSS THE WORLD =D !!

Problem 1.. You are right, it looks like the end of the female spade connector has broken off, if it were complete it should look like this one

460763mmnon_l.jpg

courtesy of SJS cycles

but thats the conector of the cable going to the key starter..

shoudnt it be this one that broke?

382156.jpg

Back