Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My Current Project

mike4gtl

Mad many would insit upon
Team, I thought i would start a new thread so those of you who are retired could have a little variaty in your lives.

My French Land Rover project after one week. It is now stripped to a bare chassis which i am about to send of to the galvanizers. Does have R4 content.

• IMGP5290.jpg
    IMGP5290.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 358
My English one. Work finally commencing. As you can see the rust has destroyed basically every part of the vehicle that is not alluminium. However i have only had to grind off three bolts as with a little head thay have all unscrewed.

There is a lot of rust on the floor now.

• 107 on forklift.jpg
    107 on forklift.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 348
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 342
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 357
No not brave, perhaps a maverick. It will be the third one I have fully restored. It's 1956 and needs to be done by this time next year ready for a trip to the Vendee in celebration

Looks do able !
Would love a land rover, for now tho R4's and Jet engines will do.

It involves a lot of patience. I have had to wait two years to find a replacement chassis as mine was dust.

That looks like quite an undertaking! If you get a bit nervous without having a R4 about in need of tinkering I could always lend you mine for a few days!

I haven't seen your R4 in Newmarket for a little while now, is it ok?

Yes, still driving it daily into work, but still the same bits in need of attention. Going to have to touch up and plug a few holes before the salty winter roads eat it away though :?

Let me know if you want any help won't you

I need help!! :D
It would be great to meet up for you to cast your eye over it, even if only to help me make a priority list.
I've been recommended to a local mechanic for welding, but if you can/would like to do any of the work I'm going to be paying someone anyhow, perhaps some extra cash might help your landrover project along!
(haddenham steam fair today made me more determined to make it nicer - so many perfect old cars there).

Oh I was there too! Did you see the model steam railway? That is my friend john. I work from his yard and he is the one who I use for welding and will weld your van. I did come in my traction but left early to work on the land rover. I don't know all work and no rest, trip to France is on the cards I think.

Pepper is the first week in October ok for you?

I did see that but didn't go up close to it, so hot yesterday that I spent a lot of time hiding in shady spots!

I will answer that tomorrow. I am only having the first program carried out, not returning for 'e' coating.

Time to get the tweeds out I think because it's freezing here on the edge of the fens. The water troph is iced over and we are running low on coal.

Last edited:
Back