Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

my first R4 in 35 years ! looking forward to the fun when shes finished

Cyprus Andy

Enthusiast
Just been and done a really foolish thing and paid 1600 euros for this little 850 R4 without "really" looking at it properly o_O. I just saw what I wanted to see and took her home. Well the search for parts begins then but I have the chance to buy HY435 which was the car before her (also white) sold from the Renault dealer here in 1977 ! It is only 400 euros so might be worth it as a donor car as I have no idea where I will find a speedo head and heater motor here as the dealers have nothing in stock on the island.
Started shopping on ebay for wheel cylinders and brake shoes...( the brakes are non existent ) and apart from needing a carb rebuild as it only runs on 1/4 choke and some new light lens ( the indicators are sun faded almost to being clear ) and some window surrounds to stop the ones fitted falling out it shouldn't be too long before shes on the road ;)......................well thats the plan :rolleyes:IMGP0426.JPG IMGP0428.JPG IMGP0429.JPG

• IMGP0427.JPG
    IMGP0427.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 1
It looks really alright form outside and according to this pictures that you send.

Maybe i can find you some plastic window frames in reasonably good condition.

But i am afraid that shipment would be expensive

wow thank you Petak that will be great if you can find some...........let me know about the post costs please it might be worth it

It looks nice! Is the interior black or red?

I can help you with some parts you may need.

The interior has been totally re-upholstered in cloth as the vinyl seats must have suffered from the sun ...even the head cloth has been replaced in white :).......window frames are the biggest problem as they have dried out in the sun and dropped to bits o_O

i did have some brand new front plastic window frames but can't remember if i sold them at the last kent run are they not available new from renault ?
regarding the running problem and needing choke all the time if you take the air filter mounting bracket off you will see there is a domed cap about 20 millimetres in diameter held on with a small rivetif you prize it off there is a small filter remove that throw away and car should run perfect

Cheers I will look at the carb ( a Zenith ) tomorrow morning and see if I can find it........if you still have the window frames I would be VERY interested .........also a speedo head complete if you have one ? same as this but mine only shows up to 80 mph ! not 140, thats just in my dreams lol;)

• 1981-renault-4-f4-13.jpg
    1981-renault-4-f4-13.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
Back