Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Need engine fan parts for a Renault in Japan

dan79brooklyn

Enthusiast
Hi Renault fans!

My father in law is a big car guy and has a renault 4 that he uses for his business (bicycle shop). He needs two fans for the radiator.

I'm sorry I am not so familiar with these cars as they are probably even more obscure in USA then in Japan...but I'm hoping somebeody can help point me in the right direction to the parts. He really loves his Renault (not as much as his Lotus Super 7 though) and wants to keep it on the road.

TYPE :  VF1−210B00
Numero: 00931943

Car NO, VF1210B0000934943 

Need 2 fans

Here is a link to a cross-post (on the Porsche board I hang out on)
where you can hopefully see pictures:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=289943

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Dan, don't really understand your question! Does he require 2 fan belts?? If so what model is his Renault 4 e.g.R1128 - this will be on the oval plate under the bonnet.

I stole the photo :D

No idea where the fans are from originally. although they do seem to fit the radiator very well. I'd be surprised if they were originally from a Renault 4 - the 4 in the photos has been heavily modified. Maybe they are from one of the big engined Renault 5s? The 1.7 or the turbo?

If the shrouding wasn't an issue I'd be inclined to go for a pair of Kenlowe fans.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads8/gajiera+1151079181.jpg

• r4-aircon.jpg
    r4-aircon.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
The main modification (from the photo) is the addition of air conditioning. I suspect that if you can find which doner vehicle was used for the air con you'll have found out where the fans came from.

For fun, here's a film flier sent by a contact in Japan. Seems the Renault 4 is a film star over there (I'm told there is also a love story in the film, presumably a sub-plot).

• japan.jpg
    japan.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 343
..free radicals..

...Hey Clementine you are geeting as free with your photos as me....

Bob the builder

• R4 loaded 1.jpg
    R4 loaded 1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 320
Why bother to get twin fans or a Kenlowe when there are plenty of second-hand genuine equipment single fans around that will fit straight onto the radiator and do the job?

I have a bit more info from my father-in-law. Sorry details are sketchy due to problems with translation. What I have learned is that the car does have air-conditioning thus the twin fans. He is looking for a part number for the fans, not sure if they are a Renault part or not...

Unfortunately airconditioning was not a standard fitment for R4's, although it seems to be a common fitting on the R4's in Japan. So it will be difficult to provide part numbers for the equipment fitted to your father-in-laws car. Perhaps if you post a picture of the fan installation it may help pinpoint if the extra fans fitted are actually Renault parts.

I found Kenlowe fans in England as a vendor of many aftermarket and oem fans. They had a suitable replacement.
Very helpful and knowledgeable sales staff (and polite!)

The fans that were installed in the Renault were done by the dealer in Japan when Air Conditioning was installed. They were Diavia (Italian) fans. I couldn't find any of those, but the Kenlowe fans seem to be the way to go.

Thanks again for all your help.

Back