Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Need some body panels

NCClassics

Enthusiast
Hi there,

I'm currently restoring a 1984 renault 4 GTL for a customer and i really need some body panels and doors. You can see the restoration on my website, www.northcoastclassics.ie.

I need 3 doors, 1 o/s rear wing and the 2 small triangular panels between the front doors and the front wings. My bigest problem is the roof, which has alot of dents in it and i think it would be easier to replace the whole roof panel.

Is it still possible to get all these parts?

P.S Fantasic website by the way

Regards

Adam Simmons

There's a guy in Wales who might still have some doors- http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1120

For the wings and apex panels (those triangular panels) try your local motor factor/body shop. Renault will have them too, and they might well be the only source of rear wings left these days (expensive). I've got a few doors as well, but they are a bit rough and wouldn't be worth shipping unless you get completely stuck. Renault probably still do new doors.

yes we still have some doors, not perfect but they may be better than what you have. Which ones do you need?

Thanks for the replies folks.

The car will be show quality when it’s done so I really need new original Renault panels and doors.

Thankfully, after a few tries, I found a friendly parts man in an Irish Renault garage. They are able to supply the doors and panels for the R4 GTL. The prices are ok for me considering I once paid £1,366.00 GBP for 2 bmw 3.0 cs doors :eek:.

I'm kind of stumped about what to do with the roof, the metal is badly stretched and almost beyond repair. I think I need to find a donor shell in Ireland somewhere.

Anyway, this website is a great help for me and I’m sure I will be looking for more help as the restoration continues :).

I will keep you up to date with photos etc. Keep up the good work!

Kind Regards
Adam

Hello Adam, I have an excellent R4 roof (without the windscreen frame), the problem is that I am located in Greece, if anything else fails and you can think a way to deliver it (freight company??) I can help you.

We also have a very good body shell, inc the A panels and are a little nearer than Greece. Could deliver to ferry for you to collect at Rosslare.

Jus had a look at the chassis repair photos, it could have been my van, rust in all the same places. I'm still at the cutting out stage.

hi bantamallan,

I might be interested in the shell but i have a few questions.
What kind of condition is the shell, any rust?
Is the shell rolling?
How much would you want for it?

thx

Adam

Hello,
I have all of the parts and also wings, you can contact me at
rwatchorn @ gmail.com if you are interested.

Hi Adam, the shell is bare, no chassis glass, etc, no rust either just a few stone chips. havent thought of a price pm if you are interested but Richard is even closer than me
Allan

Allan

I sent you a PM with my phone number, ring me anytime. If you prefare, send me your number and I can ring you

Adam

Back