Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New Renault spares overpriced.

Bobble

Enthusiast
Hi, just thought i drop a line about my gripe, i have a Renault 5 Monaco 1721cc ( plus two R4's ) anyway needed a power steering gaiter for it, went to local Renault garage not only was it going to take three days to get they wanted £24.55 for one, so i went to an after market supplier and not only did they have it in stock it came in a box of two for £7.84 ( and it came in a Renault box ) WAKE UP RENAULT thought there was supposed to be a resession.
Sorry about that but it really rattled my cage.
Anyway love the site and all the info.

Rob

They used to support the older models well, but an increasing number of parts have been subjected to extreme pricing recently.

I was desperate for a track control bush some time ago and ordered from Renault. £60 each! I later found aftermarket parts for 3 euros.

More worrying is they have taken to supplying from the same aftermarket suppliers that we'd otherwise use. Their dampers are now aftermarket Sachs Boge rather than original DeCarbon (I've broken Sachs Boge ones in less than a week - they are the wrong spec for the car), and Renospeed, who sourced the parts for his Gordini from Renault, has complained that their balljoints don't last more than a couple of years any more.

Agreed - I think the accountants have taken over at Renault.

Mmm Renault 5 Monaco one of my favourite 80's cars.

If you think that's bad - how about €321 for rear brake set for a Citroen Relay 2.5 (from a motor factor not main dealer) - admittedly they come complete with backplate and new wheel cylinder - but I found a set of shoes on Ebay for £15 inc postage to a UK adress.

sorry about my winge but it really got my goat, it's just that some of us prefer older cars but why should we have to pay through the nose for parts ?

Modern car parts can be as bad, my Kia Sedona needed new front discs and my local motor factors wanted £138 per disc!!!

I managed to get new discs and pads for £60 delivered from ebay

good old ebay what would we do without it, pay up or go down the breakers yard i suppose.

Hi, just thought i drop a line about my gripe, i have a Renault 5 Monaco 1721cc ( plus two R4's ) anyway needed a power steering gaiter for it, went to local Renault garage not only was it going to take three days to get they wanted £24.55 for one, so i went to an after market supplier and not only did they have it in stock it came in a box of two for £7.84 ( and it came in a Renault box ) WAKE UP RENAULT thought there was supposed to be a resession.
Sorry about that but it really rattled my cage.
Anyway love the site and all the info.

Rob

Well, I guess someone found a way to compensate for the loss of revenue.;)

Back