Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

No fuel

rolemin

Enthusiast
I have an 86 GTL and have no fuel to carb . Not checked pump yet , but only 4 years old , as are fuel lines. Is there a filter in pump and on pick up in tank which maybe blocked.

I found that filling the pump with petrol on my gtl got it going after 10 years parked up

Mine is used 7 months of year and in heated storage during winter. I start it every 3 or 4 weeks, but last attempt no go as no fuel getting to carb .

there is,a gauze filter that is in the tank
needs sender out and tank removal for acess
try pulling pipe off pump and blowing down towards tank may clear it enough for diagnosis

I have an 86 GTL and have no fuel to carb . Not checked pump yet , but only 4 years old , as are fuel lines. Is there a filter in pump and on pick up in tank which maybe blocked.
I had exactly the same issue - a new fuel sender sorted it.

there is,a gauze filter that is in the tank
needs sender out and tank removal for acess
try pulling pipe off pump and blowing down towards tank may clear it enough for diagnosis
Thanks I will try with airline

Blowing down pipe into tank didn't seem to work at first, even though I could hear bubbles. Then put the inlet pipe into bottle of fuel to check pump, and she started. Put pipes back in place and thought would try again and hey presto she started.

I had exactly the same issue - a new fuel sender sorted it.
Think you right, blew down pipe, heard fuel bubbles in tank, checked pump working, it was, eventually she started. Probably have tank and clean gauze, before I get caught out again.

Back