Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

NOS genuine rear anti-roll bar + brackets

angel

Enthusiast
New old stock rear anti roll bar - part no. 77 00 554 727 . Genuine Renault part. 80€
Set of four fixing brackets, part no. 77 00 578 448 with correct thread fixing bolts (not pictured), also genuine. 80€

Anti roll bar can be fitted to both types of rear suspension arm but early (pressed steel) arms must have threads - not all of them have.
Brackets are only suitable for cast suspension arms.

I can post them worldwide, PM me for postage.

IMG_20240307_152027.jpg

IMG_20240307_152042.jpg

IMG_20240307_152356.jpg

New old stock rear anti roll bar - part no. 77 00 554 727 . Genuine Renault part. 80€
Set of four fixing brackets, part no. 77 00 578 448 with correct thread fixing bolts (not pictured), also genuine. 80€

Anti roll bar can be fitted to both types of rear suspension arm but early (pressed steel) arms must have threads - not all of them have.
Brackets are only suitable for cast suspension arms.

I can post them worldwide, PM me for postage.

View attachment 32856

View attachment 32857

View attachment 32858
I guess this was an extra on R4's and makes the ride quite firm ? Is it worth fitting to my R4 ?

Last edited:
It was not an optional fitment, it was factory fitted to poor road and special equipment R4s, as well as on all Fourgonettes, along with a thicker front anti-roll bar, and a number of altered suspension components.
Ride is not much firmer but body roll is noticeably less compared to a good road spec car with a 12mm ARB up front.

Angel. Question?
So, it should be fitteted to 1981 F4?
Front anti-roll bar is 12mm. Thicker than on GTL.

On mine rear axle there are mounting points but one bolt is broken and left inside hole. Have trouble take it out.

And there is no rear anti-roll bar.

Is necessery to have it on car even if it won't ne used for heavy load.

It was not an optional fitment, it was factory fitted to poor road and special equipment R4s, as well as on all Fourgonettes, along with a thicker front anti-roll bar, and a number of altered suspension components.
Ride is not much firmer but body roll is noticeably less compared to a good road spec car with a 12mm ARB up front.
Thanks for the info, it sounds good. I will be interested in buying this if it still available ? Kevin

Yassas Angelos,
I am still interested in purchasing this kit if it is still available ?
And would you be interested in one of my nice R4 mud flap kits that I made ?
Thanks Kevin

Last edited:
Kit sold to Leonardo from Italy, sorry!
I have one more anti roll bar but no brackets.

I decided that I don't like the look of mudflaps on a R4 after many hours of thinking :-D .

Kit sold to Leonardo from Italy, sorry!
I have one more anti roll bar but no brackets.

I decided that I don't like the look of mud flaps on a R4 after many hours of thinking :-D .
Okay no problem, if you can find a set of the matching brackets I will buy the other rear ARB kit.
Yeah, I spent €500 and a lot of time making the X10 mud flap kits, and only sold one kit !
I think a lot of R4 people must be tight and don't like spending their money ! LOL !

20240117_120539.jpg

Last edited:
Shouldn't the thinner part of the rubber mudflap be inside the wing with only the fatter part showing from bodyline downwards, hence shape of mudflap, or is it just the curse of reproduction NS parts verses OEM NOS?

Last edited:
Shouldn't the thinner part of the rubber mudflap be inside the wing with only the fatter part showing from bodyline downwards, hence shape of mudflap, or is it just the curse of reproduction NS parts verses OEM NOS?
Well, Renault manufactured a special small hole in the rear wing flange for the outer support bracket (one should be on your car as well), so everything lined up perfectly. The mud flap has to line up with the centre of the rear wheel otherwise it doesn't do the job.

Yes, my van has had them from new, fitted as I suggested, cant see any metal bracketry from bodyline down did change the mudflaps themselves for NOS printed ones. 7C22D167-A3ED-443A-A27D-830C3C25F31E.jpeg4D2DB72C-0D95-450C-868F-7B5271244E93.jpeg

Back