Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Odometer/Speedometer

Teodor

Enthusiast
Hello everyone,

I wanted to inquire about “add on” speedometers/odometers.
I have seen a couple of those digital ones from wish or eBay and such, from cheap to expensive.
Does anyone have some experience and/or still uses one of them?
Some are supposed to have a gps integrated and keep track of mileage and give real time speed. Some also claim to calculate consumption, track speed and mileage by being able to connect to the car itself in different ways.
Are those gadgets reliable and legit, or should I keep away from them and try to fix my native speedo?

Any input is appreciated.

Addendum:
I’ve been pretty inactive for the past year..a lot has happened, got the paint job done by a professional, a guy rammed into the back of White, 15 days after I got the paint job done..the whole covid thing..my job position got compromised, forgot to finish an MOT, got pulled over and a ticket, bought a new engine and had it placed in..
I’ll make a few posts about those experiences and add a few pictures.
Stay safe.

All scrambled up..the speedometer itself also doesn’t do a good job.
image.jpg

I'm working right now to actually build an odo-speedometer for my car using a sensor on the gearbox.
I'd like to include also a rev counter inside it.
I wouldn't rely on a GPS instrument as the refresh rate isn't really good and you can have some signal issues in some occasion.

Grazie Leonardo for the reply.
Interesting. Would you care to share more info, or when it’s done?
I’m curious about your take on it!

They claim the gps ones are real time..the refresh rate should be high, almost one per second or a few if so.
I’ll check a few reviews of those wired ones, maybe there’s a chance.

Grazie Leonardo for the reply.
Interesting. Would you care to share more info, or when it’s done?
I’m curious about your take on it!

They claim the gps ones are real time..the refresh rate should be high, almost one per second or a few if so.
I’ll check a few reviews of those wired ones, maybe there’s a chance.
Now I'm coding and designing the parts, I've already bought the components I'm going to use.
As soon as I've got something physical in my hands I'll share it here for sure!

Back