Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Offered

what you wear on a cold day while laying on the floor trying to weld up rusty R4s

oh sorry thats long johns , think longerons is a technical Gallic term mainly used by beret wearing citroen 2cv fans to describe inner chassis legs at rear

again i could be making it up as i go along and be completely wrong :D

edit - think you mean Cleon (5 bearing 956 or 1108) engine as (Pushrod ) Clio engine is close but wont fit

paul

Last edited:
Longeron is a term quite commonly used in the motor industry. Originally they were chassis side rails, but these days of monocoques front and rear longerons refer to the box sections running forwards and rearwards of the main tub.

The clio engine is backwards like the Super 5? Could't it be fitted if the bulkhead were modified for clearance to the pulleys? Suppose you'd be wondering where to put the heater then.

It's unlikely to have a Clio engine in, here they get terribly upset if you put in different engines etc - its almost impossible to get a CT with a change of engine. The R4GTL of the chap that runs the R4 section of the RCCC caused quite a stir at Loheac last October, 1400cc possibly turbo engine / 5 speed box / alloy wheels etc etc, all of which would have given the CT man the vapours.

How did you know I wore a beret:roll:
Yes I am sorry I tend now after 3yrs here mixing french with english Longerons are the arms that hold the engine or facing backwards for the rear suspention
The woman called me today and asked if she could bring it early so it is now languising in my barn for the princley sum of 220€
Its is a 1993 GTL it had a remplacement engine at 150000klm it now has 181000 it was done by renault and she was told it was the same engine as the first clio but its just a normal 1100 it looks like my fourgonettes engine
I can only use it for parts as she would not let me have the carte gris for that money even though the corrosion doesnt look too bad It has renault clio front seats too It also has the parcel shelf and gradulux rear blind. I can use a few bits on my sons on and the fourgonette plus lots of spares for another car:roll:

1993 is one of thew latest R4s. Could it be a Bye-Bye?
If I remember correctly 688 E was originally fitted to R5s. The radio console was a Renault option (rather sought after).

It does nt have the bye bye plaques or anything so I presume not. It is a clan though
Premier date is 05 03 93 vin is vf111280006226261
It has the blue interior with check in red and green parcel shelf to rear with gradulux blind black matting on the floor with fitted over carpet in wells.
Its a real shame as it is rotten in some very odd places, apart from the normal rear suspention arms the door frame centre is almost rotten through and the rear door frame, that square section, is disconnected at the bottom by a rust hole
Although the floor is perfect and actually shiny in black inside and out I am going to dismantle it and see if I can repair the chassis for future but will have to see:roll:
Have got a good selection of parts though for the restored one

Back