Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

One year on (or SOS)

Eoynteenie

Planning an Advent4
Hey guys.

Long time no see and I see some of you got very busy with getting some very lovely projects back onto the roads.

I have not been so lucky.
About a year ago, a MOT man asked me for money I didn't have to patch up my Rene so I decided to take him off the road and get him better then before meaning I had to help my father get his Saab 96 back on the road. Now the Saab had other ideas, like a broken balance shaft and exploded master clutch cylinder which lead to a slipping clutch.

Now I was in the 3rd year of my apprenticeship and I not only had a college course to complete but a NVQ level 3 and a job to full-fill at the same time. Time was not with me on these projects, so I gave up arguing with a guy at college who couldn't understand why I liked driving cars older then me more then modern cars and bought a Mk3 Golf 1.9 TDi.
582057_226982557422767_1507129121_n.jpg

As you can see, the guys I went to college with have different taste in cars to me.

Now I think left you with was this image
well, i knew this was coming

02122011801.jpg

My father and his 'treasure', I've given up talking about it now,

This is now
264824_290193497768339_933779479_n.jpg

So now in the 'improvement' year of my apprenticeship which equals 'I'm as skilled as the other guys, just I have to be on a lower rate for a year'. But apart from overtime, I have less over my head over then waking up on time for work and not breaking anything once there.

I am hoping on getting a workshop of sorts to put Rene in to help strip him down to the core parts and then go from there.

A guy at work talks of Acid dipping which I've seen done on a campervan for a TV show and wandered if you guys knew anything about this idea.

What did you pay for the vw?
Mileage and age?
Just want to compare to prices here.
Thanks

£900 1995 138000 when i got it.

But that is more that what they go for in my area because of rot and higher mileage, the car is pretty solid but i have had to replace the back suspension and wheel bearings and now gotta do the offside front bushes...

Back