Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Parts available R5 1988

tunnyx75

Enthusiast
Hi all - having bought a Renault 5 1.7 Monaco for my kids to do up, and them having lost interest unfortunately, I have decided to scrap or sell it.

Almost all parts available (except headlights and front bumper). Its got a cream leather interior, R5 alloys, in Brown. Everything works well. No MOT.

Let me know if you want anything and I'll give you a price. Or, you can take the whole car (would need trailering) for £300 ovno.

Feel free to email me (or pm me?) or call me anytime 07769 910641

Cheers Mark

Where are you based? Might be a good project for someone fairly local.

oh yea, sorry - didnt even think about it lol

Based in Leyland, nr Preston in Lancashire, off J28 of the M6.

Cheers

Tunny

What condition is the bodywork in? I always reckoned a 1.7 Monaco was a nicer car than the 5gt turbo almost as quick, but not as stressed

Bodywork ok bar my lads doing a little prep on the paint - they were going to respray matt black (its brown), so they started keying the panels. No front bumper (was too far gone) and a small bump on the front cross member - otherwise good. I drove it when I bought it and it was a pretty nice straight drive - ran well. Hasnt been started since we brought it back though, nearly a year ago!

Nice car - well worth it for the leather alone!. Bobble has made an offer and I'm just waiting for a deposit - I'll keep you posted.

Out of curiosity - are the engine and gearbox from one of these the same arrangement for the R4 or is this after they switched over to the other way around ?

A Renault 4, has the engine in a North/South position, the later Mk2 Renault 5's had their engines placed across the car in East/West position.

Rgds

Pepper

tough one, it would depend on the offer as the kids have started doing it up - they may be interested though. Make me an offer

Back