Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

parts needed - newbie

PieterB

Hi I'm new here. I'm looking for some parts for my Dads R4 to take back to him in South Africa, so I thought I'd come here to get your advice and help.

Basically he faxed me through drawings of a rotor arm he needs, it's from a Ducellier distributor. Some facts and figures Model of car R1123...Year 1972-74?...there is a number that applies to the rotor arm 72192, like I said I have a drawing of this which I'm happy to sent on to anybody that thinks they may be able to help out.

Then I need a fuel pump any suggestions there would be welcome

And finally a drivers side door lock and key (thieves tried to break in and damaged the lock)

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Pieter

It would help if you had the engine capacity and the engine number and the exact year if possible. I would also suggest you bought a set of points, condenser and distributor cap as well as the rotor arm. I may be able to give you the part numbers so you can get them at your local motor factor.

Many thanks Steve for the reply. I fully agree... as soon as I get hold of my dad (hopefully tomorrow) I'm going to ask for the info you mention, I'll get back as soon as I can

Aplogies for the long delay, but what I have managed to find out is that the engine number is 800-01-2555-621, also the gearbox is "flat topped" think it was introdcued from 1973 onwards. (Model R1123)
I have managed to get most of the parts except for....

1 - a wiper arm
2 - drivers door lock (outside diameter is +-20mm)
3 - gear linkage rubber (where the gearlever and gearbox links)...don't know if that makes sense.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm flying out on the 27th March which gives me a few weeks to get these.

Many thanks
Pieter

Back