Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

photos

angel

Enthusiast
I have been posting for some time but I didn't introduce myself! So there are some pictures of my R4s at the gallery that I managed to gather: 1975 Export 845cc, 1971 Export 845cc and 1981 Jogging 1108cc (not finished yet). More to follow...

Welcome to the forum angel :D

The cars look in excellent condition ( http://www.renault4.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=10085 ). I love the '71. How did the Jogging survive with it's original grille and stickers? THey must be getting very rare now.

jogging_120.jpg

Last edited:
Well,neither the grille,nor the stickers are original! The original "Jogging-specific" parts that still existed were:blue sunroof (in bad condition), all four door panels (fortunately good), bumpers (average and faded), dashboard (yellowed),blue lower door panels (as they are plastic they survived) and some of the rainbow door stickers. The car had been repainted by brush and looked in bad state but in fact it was completely rust free so I decided to rebuilt it rather than keeping the sunroof for my '75 (as I had planned). I found some areas of blue that remained unfaded (on the inner side of the sunrood) and this helped a lot for finding the right fabric color and also to make paint for items like the bumpers and the grille fillet. I have had all the stickers reprinted in a graphics shop and I am currently working on the seats.I don't have too much time to spend on it so I'm proceeding slowly,I promise more pics when it is finidhed!

I couln't find any photos of a real Jogging on the internet - only a model (below). Looks pretty cool with the blue on white and the rainbow. What was the interior like? I'm guessing blue fabric seats with a rainbow. But yellowed dash? Was it white originally?

The interior is like the photo John Doe sent. You can just see the dashboard,it appears to be snow white,on my car it had apparently aged.

Back