Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Plein Air lookalike

Stevie P

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have this 1983 4GTL buggy - I believe it was registered here (it's RHD), converted and exported to Spain. It's just come back, has done 59,000 miles, is rust-free and needs light restoration. Anyone know of any others out there?

• !Bujpj5g!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKjoEvO0ucsKfBM!0S(jCFg~~_12.jpg
    !Bujpj5g!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKjoEvO0ucsKfBM!0S(jCFg~~_12.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 510
Welcome Stevie. This deserves it's own thread.

I've seen two or three of those cars advertised for sale in the UK over the last few years. They have a shortened chassis like the JP4 of France, but otherwise have Renault 4 panels. I think they are home grown.

There must have been someone over here converting them. Anyone know who?

What a great, fun, car! Can't help with parts I'm afraid, but Renault still probably stock the indicator stalk. Have a look at this page for parts.
Good luck!

There is a guy from Croatia that claims that this car below was produced in IMV Renault Slovenia, I am not sure but it looks like it might be true. A bit different than yours.

627_15_04_09_8_01_03.jpeg

379_11_06_08_9_32_18.JPG

379_22_03_08_6_28_32.JPG

379_22_03_08_6_27_43.JPG

If the car has fibregless wings then it is probably a Malibu, I have one on a 78 TL chassis but with wheel arch extensions. I think the were made in Devon but Google produced no results. Mine was converted in 92 at the factory but the owner had no records.
allan

The wings are real as are the door panels. There is a fibreglass section behind the door cut-outs.

Back