Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 for sale - choice of colours!

entwistlecymru

Enthusiast
This advert is slightly pre-empting the sale of one of our R4s. It'll be up for grabs in the next month or so once the F6 is finished.

It's a 1985 red R4 GTL with 150k on the clock and at the moment is in average condition, BUT HERE'S THE GOOD BIT. The car can be sold fully restored with the following spec:

• Restored chassis fully stone chipped, coach enamelled and rust proofed.
  • Copper brake lines and new flexis
  • Rebuilt front and rear brakes
  • Suspension stripped down and parts replaced if necessary
  • New ball joints, track rod ends and shock absorbers
  • Wheel blasted and sprayed in 2K (choice of grey or silver)
  • New tyres all round
  • The chassis can be inspected by you now - it's ready for the body swap

• Engine is an 1100 GTL with 40k on the clock fitted with a R5 manifold and carb giving 48hp - 1300 available for extra
  • Standard 4spd HA0 gearbox (unless you'e got a 5spd you want me to fit?)

• Body has been rust treated and stone chipped inside to deaden sound
  • Not yet painted so the choice of colour is yours! - its red at the moment
  • All trim will be painted to original spec - grey for the handles, grille, bumpers and rubbing strips, black window surrounds, black mirrors, new window and gutter chrome
  • All wings are excellent 2nd hand items, treated the same way as the chassis

• Interior is standard grey/blue/red check interior unless you want new seat covers and doorcards in your choice of colour imported from Germany at extra cost
  • New door seals from Germany
  • Sony CD player and 4 modern speakers fitted in Renault/Motorola speaker pods - 2 in the front doors, 2 in the parcel shelf.

I am not a restorer, I just like making work for myself! All the work will be done to the highest standards possible (see http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1375)

Asking price is £2000 (extra for brand new interior or rebuilt 98hp Mark Fish 1300 engine) - Sold with new MOT and 6 months tax. Anyone interested PM me or call 07841 043101 for a chat

Back