Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

r4 kit

flectron

hi guys, newbie to the forum and not an owner :oops: but always had a soft spot for the 4.
reason i'm writing - i used to buy a mag when i was a kid called kit cars and conversions which once featured an article on an r4 kit (i think it was called the rv4) which shortened the wheelbase and chopped the roof, making a kinda little jeep.
anyone know anything about these? are the kits still available?
cheers guys,
gord :D

Hi Flectron, welcome to the forum.

There is a website somewhere with information on about 20 Renault 4 specials. I tried to find it this afternoon without success. I'll try again later.

Most of the UK specials were based on UK cars - I doubt they'd be any UK manufactured kits around any more as there just aren't enough Renault 4s left to convert. There were plenty of French kits, and I know for certain there is a bloke in Spain who still converts the cars - TWR used to rent his garage when they were testing over there.

Maybe someone else will have some info.

:D

Found it! Thanks to the links page on Renault 4 Ireland. Richard - you are a hero.

The site with all the specials is Renault 4 Open

Also on Richard's site is a reference to the JP4 Renault 4 jeep conversion. The site is in French but there are lots of photos and the jeep looks very cool. Wow - the site is kicking - it has a forum and cars for sale (Annonces) - loads of them between 1500 and 7500 euros.

great! thanks for the welcome & links.
i think it probably was a brit kit, but the jp4 looks pretty close.
cheers
gord :D

Hey, your Mazdas look immaculate. Everyone - click on the www at the bottom of flectron's posts. These cars are so rare these days it's excellent to see them restored to such a high standard.

Are you tempted to add one of the R4 jeeps to your collection?

:clementi:

i'd love to! but not this year... no space. planning to move out to country next year tho...
i've got a lot of work to do to the 1000 before it's the same standard as the rx. but in order to do the resto, i'll have to take it off the road which means i'll need a new daily.... :wink:

Back